Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Season 5 Episode 2 "Feet Don't Kill Me Now"





Okay, this episode, I must warn, co-host John has his microphone capture his breathing more than that may be desired. That is why I have hesitated to even share this. But not everyone cares/notices/ and listens through headphones like I do.

PsychPdcstFeetDontKillMeNowSe5Ep2 by AllMR



Also a couple of notes.

1) Well it has come to my attention that, as we once suspected, there is now another Fan-Made Psych Podcast.
Pineapple Radio
Pineapple Radio on twitter

The Psych_USA twitter posted something about a podcast not being an *official* podcast and no affiliation with the USA Network, and so silly me, I figured they were referring to this one. But, in the process, they became aware of Ours as well, which I thought they knew about it, especially since I have posted under the screen-name "PsychPodcast" on the Psych Message Board. But these things can get confusing I suppose.

But welcome to Pineapple Radio. I listened to just a few minutes of their 1st podcast and liked what I heard. One big difference, it appears they are all female. And it also appears they have a bit more of a following already. They use Skype and are presumably all located in various parts of the globe (1 of the people talking is from Amsterdam I thought she said).

But, I guess 1 thought that crossed my mind. If they use Skype, perhaps we could do some kind of cross-over or guest spots on eachothers podcasts. Of course that kind of traces back to how this whole thing started. I was a guest on a podcast for the tv show "Kyle XY" the Spring of 2007 (May I recall) and it got me motivated to create one for this show.


The other thing to include here is the lack of podcasts. I've had more (seemingly constant) issues with the software. And time. Miranda and John can't always come over and truth be, I'm still 2 soon to be 3 episodes behind sadly. But the last attempt to do one with Miranda, the Audacity software, in an attempt to be able to rip audio, had it's settings change on me. And I couldn't get them back. I eventually did, and WROTE DOWN i believe how they are required to be set up to work.

Using the "Mobile Pre" on all Mic Input and Speaker Outputs on 3 different places with Audacity and my Soundcard itself.

Plus we've had some nastily hot weather the past few weeks with little desire to commute anywhere. But with the cooling upon us and the other issues hopefully not returning, over the next month or 2 the rest of Season 5.0 should be made and made available.

And the fact is, many older episodes I promise to share rather soon, especially given it seems between fileserve and this soundcloud sites, both seem like good options in streaming and downloading.

No comments: